Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Much Needed Vacation

Exploring the ship, prior to departure
Eating dinner on our lovely cruise ship
Yes, that is me, hanging upside down from a zipline that was hundreds of feet from the floor of the tropical forests in Roatan, Honduras. That's about as crazy as I get.
Descending into the Cenotes (underground caves filled with water). They were a little bit creepy and lots of fun.
All our HOT men in their bat cave
All us ladies in the Cenotes , looking our best.
Riding in the truk in Progresso. And no, that is not a misspelling; it's really called a truk, even though it does not resemble a truck in the least. More like an ancient, rickety mine cart that someone added a canopy to. Yet, I'm not complaining, because I'm just glad I didn't have to walk. (The truks took us to the Cenotes)
Preparing for the Harry Potter Trivia Competition; it was pretty fierce, let me tell ya. Yet even Josh's Superman t-shirt was not enough to pull us through. We lost to a bunch of Harry Potter geeks who have no other life than to be obsessed with Harry Potter and memorize everything in all the books, because they've read them all, like, 12 times.
Watching the Rock Climbing competition onboard the ship. My friend, Jonna, standing next to me, won first place and her toughest competitor was a 70 year old lady. But Jonna kicked her butt. And she is pregnant. (Jonna, not the old lady.) So that's really saying something. Seriously, the old lady was really good.

11 comments:

Cassie and Chad said...

Hello Heidi! I love your pictures your cruise sounds fabulous!!! Are you still in San Antonio? Check out my blog at kerbyfam.blogspot.com I'd love to see you sometime!!!

Sheri Lee said...

Whoo-Hoo! I am so excited that you finally updated your blog, I check it weekily hoping there is somethin' on there, and that you guys haven't fallen off the face of the earth! Did I hear a rumor you guys are coming to visit? Hope so!

stephanie said...

heidi oh my gosh it is so fun to find old friends on this thing you are still cute as ever...send me your email address skhatch@hotmail.com so i can invite you to my blog..it would be fun to keep in touch..stephanie(skinner)hatch

Melissa said...

Heidi,
I hope you don't care if I peek at your blog once in a while. I was so excited to see that you have a blog. I love to see what everyone in the family is up to. Could you be any cuter?

elizabeth said...

HI! Yeah, I'm so glad that you finally put something on your blog! Woo hoo! Please continue.

The Armstrongs said...

Hey Heidi! I found your blog through Lindsay's and it's fun to see what you have been up to. I can't wait to go on my cruise - yours sounded really fun! I am new to the whole blog thing at the urging of my blogging obsessed family! It is sumitallup.blogspot.com
A lot has changed since we last talked! Stay in touch!
Summer Harmon

Brent & Emily Slade said...

That looks like so much fun! That would be such a fun thing to do with friends! Some day.... And yes, you guys totally deserved that!

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

Hi Heidi! I am so glad you updated your blog! I would love to see you guys when you're out here visiting, it was so fun to see pictures of YOU, it's been way too long! Write me when you can - shireenisbrown@gmail.com and let me know when you'll be out here!

Sheri Lee said...

Heidi! Please update you blog with photos of your new house and can you enail me you new numbers and address?

Cassie and Chad said...

Heidi I don't know how often you check your blog but I just wanted to let you know that our thoughts and prayers are with your family. I hope Christian and his wife are doing better and our heart goes out to their kids and your family as well.

Ned and Erin + kids said...

Hey this is Erin(Collins)Opfel. I cant believe I found your blog off of Stephanie Hatch. I was listening to Alphaville the other day and memories of Jr. High came. Then I found your blog. So how are things going with you. I think the last time I ran into you was in Provo at BYU. If you ever check your blog email me sometime (erinopfel@yahoo.com). I would love to keep in touch. P.S. What is Bridgett up to?